VERSION HISTORY — Writer's Desk™
- NEW: Open, edit, and save DOCX files in addition to RTF and TXT.
- NEW: Projects can include editable support files (notes, research, etc. in RTF, DOCX, TXT formats).
- NEW: Projects can include external files (PDF, XLS, etc.) to be opened with associated applications.
- NEW: The new Spell Check has 25 available dictionaries and 2 thesauruses.
- NEW: Create custom dictionaries for jargon, specialties, et cetera.
- NEW: Auto Correction of misspelled words.
- NEW: Auto Completion of acronyms, abbreviations, et cetera.
- NEW: Choose application's colors from 21 skins (themes).
- NEW: Track editing changes and show, hide, accept, or reject them.
- NEW: Set hyperlinks to the Internet, files, email addresses, and bookmarks.
- NEW: Use Data Quick Entry to add highlighted text to database records with 2 or 3 clicks.
- NEW: The Program Manager has a Citations tab for recording references, bibliographic notes.
- NEW: The Project Manager has a Data View tab to manage the database side-by-side with documents.
- NEW: Create a Custom Font List consisting of only the fonts you use.
- NEW: Add applications, web addresses, and files to Tools|My Tools.
- NEW: Dock the Project Manager in its slide-out to manage a project side-by-side with documents.
- NEW: File|Save As asks if the file in the project should be changed to the new name/location.
- NEW: Choose paragraph bullet shapes from a drop-down list.
- NEW: Multirow Notebook Tabs
- NEW: Organize the project tree with the Arrange Items dialog.
- NEW: Added a toolbar for Insert items.
- NEW: Drag editor tabs into position with the mouse.
- NEW: Double strike-through
- CHANGED: Updated Open and Save dialogs.
- CHANGED: The dialog for Embed Picture, Link Picture, and Background Picture shows the selected picture.
- CHANGED: Enhanced the Printer Setup dialog.
- CHANGED: Replaced Disk Data|Editor Move with Program Manager|Files.
- CHANGED: Hide Citations and Data View as well as People, Places, Events, and Notes if the database is not used.
- CHANGED: Buttons to open files can open all creative files, all support files, or all editable files.
- CHANGED: Menu items Dock Project Manager, Undock Project Manager to position the slide-out.
Writer's Desk is based on Book Writer™
Book Writer™ History