Run as Administrator
Writer's Desk™ and Finders Keepers™ may need to run with administrative privileges in order to unlock licenses and run properly.
Run the program with administrative privileges
- Right click on the program's desktop icon or the program's shortcut on the Windows Start menu.
Alternatively, using Windows Explorer, go to the folder where you installed the software and right click on the .EXE file. Typical locations are:
- writersdesk.exe in c:\program files\yadu digital\writer's desk\
- finderskeepers.exe in c:\program files\yadu digital\finders keepers\
- Select Run As the Administrator (or an account with administrative privileges). Click OK.
Additional information for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
To configure an application to always run elevated:
- Right-click an application that is not likely to have been assigned an administrative token, such as a word processing application.
- Click Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.
- Under Privilege Level, select Run this program as an administrator, and then click OK.
If the Run this program as an administrator option is unavailable, it means that the application is blocked from always running elevated, the application does not require administrative credentials to run, the application is part of the current version of Windows Vista, or you are not logged into the computer as an administrator.
Other ways to request elevated execution level (run with administrative privileges) in Vista:
Right click and select Properties.
Click the Advanced button on the General tab. Check mark Run as administrator.
Right click and select Properties. Click Show Settings for all users on the Compatibility tab.
Check mark Run as administrator.